Dash Camera Comparison
Dash Cams for More Safety
Do you want to upgrade the safety features in your or your loved one’s car? Have you thought about installing a dash camera? A dash camera is an onboard camera that records the view through a car’s windshield, some have another camera to record the insides of the vehicle, and some have unique features like logging acceleration, speed, and other GPS data. Dash cameras are a big help in the event of an accident and prevent vandalism when you park the vehicle. Let us tell you about the 5 best products and explain them in detail. Read and make an informed choice.
1. Apeman Dash Cam 1080P FHD DVR Car Driving Recorder
Apemanis one of the leading brands, and this product is their latest offering. They have put a lot of effort and resources in the area of sensors. This is a great product for its cost and stylish, as well.
The G-sensor or the gravity sensor detects sudden movements automatically. If there is any collision, then the g-sensor will help the camera lock it down. The lens of the camera is super wide at 170 degrees. It reduces blind spots and covers a wide area.
- 1080P Full HD lens and 3” LCD screen make for very clear images.
- There is clarity in images at night. The aperture is F 1.8, and there are HDR and WDR, which function well even in low-light environments.
- It is possible to replay the important moments even when driving at high speed.
- The loop recording feature can cause problems. Sometimes it saves random recordings but not the locked ones.
- The instruction manual and buttons are not easy to understand.
- For good results, you will have to reformat the SD card every two weeks or so.
2. Rexing V1 Car Dash Cam, 2.4” Screen, Full HD 1080p 170 Degree Wide Angle
This camerapromises good quality images. It is smaller in size than many other dash cams and easy to fit behind the rearview mirror. The reviewers rate it high because of the quality of the video and ease of use features.
It is a Full HD camera and takes good quality 1080P images. It is also very discreet due to its size. Mounting it on the dashboard is very easy, and the adhesive is strong. Quick attach and detach system ensures that there is no shaking and instability.
- Ultra-wide lens angle and the WDR technology create clear and balanced images.
- It is possible to save and share the recordings on your mobile device with the help of an app.
- You can record videos in pre-set intervals of 1 or 3 minutes. G-sensors will detect any collision and lock the footage immediately for future use.
- The wiring can spoil the looks of the interiors. You have to plug it into the lighter input.
- The viewing angle needs a lot of adjustment even after fixing, and yet you are not sure of quality recording.
- Night vision is quite poor, and the images are grainy.
3. Dash Cam Front and Rear Chortau Dual Dash Cam
This is a dual dash camera. With this setup, you get a better all-around view. The car cameras start recording as soon as you start the car. Having a camera in the back can help you in disputes and keep it safe from vandals.
It has a 1080P resolution in the front camera and a waterproof rear camera. There is a seamless loop recording, so you don’t have to worry about the SD card being full. Wide-angle cameras in front at 170 and in the rear at 130 degrees are very good. Loop recording works efficiently.
- The dash cams have a parking mode which can detect any impact and start recording.
- It is very easy to install and use it because the manual is user-friendly.
- The company offers lifetime after-sales support for their product. They also provide 24*7 technical support.
- The camera can get very hot after plugging in for a short time.
- There are SD card compatibility issues.
- It can drain the car battery very fast if left plugged in.
4. Akaso Dash Cam Car Dashboard Camera Recorder
This dashcam has1080P and displays on a large 3.0-inch screen. It has many in-built features that are a must in a good dashcam. It has G-sensor, which is effective at detecting any sudden movements like collisions. It will give you a safe and confident experience.
The dashcam comes studded with some great features like Full HD, wide-angle lens, highly sensitive G-sensor, WDR (Wide Dynamic Range), which automatically adjusts the light and dark conditions. It is easy to mount it with the suction cups and cable clips, and it remains secure.
- The FHD 1080p and 170-degree wide lens give you an excellent image.
- The dashcam has many features that make it one of the best in its class.
- Screen time-off will prevent any distraction at night by keeping it dark.
- The video quality is good, but you need to set the timestamp and preference every time you start.
- The camera turns blank suddenly. Even if you reset, it keeps turning off at times.
- The night vision is not very effective, and bright light can turn white.
5. Rove R2-4K Dash Cam with Built-in Wi-Fi GPS
This is a technologically advanced device. The hardware is precisely designed to give crystal clear images and videos even at night. The software is also very innovative. The end result is that you get a product that is user-friendly and high quality.
This camera can record in high resolution up to 2160P. The ultra HD video gives high clarity and quality. It has Revolutionary Super Night Vision Technology and will provide clear images even in low light conditions. It has in-built Wi-Fi, and it easy to transfer the recordings to your mobile device.
- In-built GPS gives you all the details about locations accurately. You can use the WiFi to connect with Google maps for better results.
- The camera has an f1.8 aperture, which is the largest among all dash cams. It has a 150 degree A+ wide lens.
- It has Ultra Low light Sensor for dark or low light conditions.
- It is only compatible with the Samsung SD card, which can be a problem.
- GPS data is not very accurate and can give wrong information.
- The camera says 4K, but the quality does not seem that good.
We hope that after reading all the information, you can make the right choice.