Surge Protectors Comparison
Protection from Fluctuation
Do your gadgets suddenly stop working? Do they get burnt? The reason could be frequent power fluctuations and surges. When the voltage goes up or down, or there are sudden power surges, then there can be damage to your electronic goods. Use surge protectors to protect your electronic gadgets and rest easy. These will help in maintaining the right voltage and control the power output. Once you realize the benefits, you will want to buy it. It is hard to figure out what is worth your money and has the right features. Let us tell you about the best 5 surge protectors that you can get.
1. Amazon Basics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
This is a 2-pack set with some great features. It will give you a strong defense and prevent damage. It will transfer power in the best way to keep your devices safe, more so during storms and power outages.
The 2-pack set comes with 6 outlets each and surge protector power strips with a 2-foot power cord. Maintain a distance of at least 10 meters between the outlet and the service panel for the best results. The specifications are AC 15A, 125V, 60Hz, 1875W, which are perfect for protecting gadgets like phones, lamps, etc.
- It has a 200-joule, 3-line basic surge-protection rating.
- There is a red LED indicator to show that protection is on.
- It comes with a 2-foot long power cord.
- During a surge, some plugs may stop working.
- The cord is of cheap quality and splits very easily. Exposed wires are always a danger.
- Hanging it on a wall is not easy because of improper cutting for the screws.
2. Belkin 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector
The Belkin 12-plug power strip surge protector will protect your devices from sudden power surges. It has 6 outlets and 6 Block Space outlets. The device has an intelligent circuit design and will manage all your power needs. This product, with its heavy-duty design, safeguards your gadgets.
It can easily accommodate oversized adapters without blocking any outlet. There is a right-angle plug that can fit easily behind furniture. It comes with an 8 feet long cord. The specifications are 3940 Joule, 6000 v, AC 15A, 125V, 1875W. The intelligent circuit can detect power needs.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty as well as a 300000 dollars’ worth of Connected Equipment Warranty.
- You can use angled-plug in many ways. It will keep the other outlets free to use.
- The long cord makes it possible to use it in different ways.
- During frequent and high power surges, there can damage your gadgets.
- The plastic outlet covers fall off easily, so it is difficult to cover the outlets while not in use.
- The product differs from the picture, and it hangs upside down, giving an unorganized look.
3. KMC 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
The KMC surge protectors are among the top and will take all your worries away. You don’t have to worry every time there is a spike in power or fluctuation because of storms. There is an intelligent circuit with an in-built voltage which detects and immediately takes action to protect your device. There is an indicator light that will show that your gadgets are under protection.
This product is of fire-resistant material and works well in high temperatures. The copper inserts are elastic and will last for a long time. It has a 4 feet long 14 AWG cord. It is a pack of 2 with 6 outlets each. It provides reliable safety to your gadgets and household electronics.
- It has a 900 Joule energy rating to give you maximum protection.
- It comes with 24 months warranty. It is ETL listed.
- There is a 15 Amp circuit breaker with a light power switch to signify protection.
- Outlets are too close to each other, and it is difficult to use all at the same time.
- Though it is adequate, the quality can improve.
- Plugs won’t fit in completely. There is always a gap, and they fall off easily.
4. Surge Protector, POWRUI USB Wall Charger
This is a multi-tasking device. It is a USB outlet wall charger. It is very easy to install it by just plugging it in any wall socket. It is a portable charging station, and you can easily carry it around. At the same time, it will also protect your gadgets from any sudden fluctuations.
It is possible to charge up to 8 devices at the same time. It will expand one outlet to 6 AC outlets and 2 USB charging ports. The 6 Ac outlets give excellent protection against power surges and spikes. The specifications are AC 100-240V, 15A/1875W, DC5V, which are among the best in its category.
- Dual smart USB charging ports with 5V 2.4 A shared rating gives good results.
- It has ETL certification. There is a 30-day return and 12-month replacement policy.
- The 6 outlets fit 6 standard plugs and have 1680J in-built surge protection.
- At times the product may not fit GFI outlets or rests on one plug very unsteadily.
- Sometimes it is difficult to unplug without pulling the whole thing off.
- Some people complain of it slowing down the charging of the plugged devices.
5. ECHOGEAR On-Wall Surge Protector
Just like you, your gadgets and electronic items also need protection. Echogear will protect them from sudden surges and spikes. It has a convenient pivoting head. There is an LED indicator with a green light to inform you if your devices are under protection or not.
There are 6 pivoting outlets with 1080 Joule surge protection. It is fire-proof and flame-resistant, and in the event of any major catastrophe will prove its worth. You also get the benefit of being able to charge your gadgets. There is EMI/RFI filtering, which keeps the power source clean and everything running better.
- You can install it easily over existing outlets. Gives a clean look.
- There is a screw that comes with it to secure it to the wall. It works well.
- It comes with a 5 year and 25 thousand dollars connected equipment warranty.
- At times plugging it in can cause sparking and shorting out.
- Some people complain of the anchor screw being too short.
- The plugs can either be directly in front or sideways and not at any angle.
A good surge protector can not only save your gadgets but also prevent any electrical mishaps. After reading the information, we are sure that you will make a good choice.