WiFi Routers Comparison
Looking for the right Connection??
Are you finding it a problem to connect with the internet? Are the speeds too low and frustrate you? It is time you got a good WiFi router. It is a device that provides access to the Internet or a private computer network. It is the connector between the internet and your devices. It is a router’s job to set the routes and monitor the traffic. With a good router, you can enjoy faster speeds, prevent cyber threats, and have great connectivity. We will tell you about the 5 of the best routers here.
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R6700) – AC1750
It is a devicewith high speed and excellent performance. It is also easy to set it up with the Netgear app. You won’t need any computer or any other connecting device. You can reboot and control anytime from your smartphone. The speed is good even if you connect many devices.
It comes with a recommendation of 25 possible connections!! The speed is high for continuous streaming, gaming, etc. It is full of innovative technology like pause-device internet access and view site history usage, which is good parental control tools. It has excellent safety features to protect you from internet threats.
- It has a 1 GHz dual-core processor and 3 amplified antennas to give you the best experience.
- Best in class anti-virus, anti-malware, and data protection will keep you safe from any cyber threats.
- Smart parental control features like stopping internet access and viewing history.
- Many people complain of it freezing randomly and needing reboots often.
- The customer service is quite bad, and there is no prompt reply or resolution.
- For some people, it worked well initially but failed within weeks.
2. TP-Link N300 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router
This is an excellent device in areas that are prone to frequent power outages. It is wireless and portable, which makes it useful for people who travel a lot and spend a lot of time in hotel rooms and their vehicles. If you are traveling with your family, then set it up as the server for everyone to connect to it.
It is a small router and is easy to carry around in a bag or purse. It is perfect for use t home or while traveling. It is compatible with Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV Stick, so streaming your favorite shows is possible anywhere.
- There is a Micro-USB port for power with an adapter, making it easy to charge.
- You can create a secured group with a WiFi hotspot for family or friends.
- It supports access points, client router, and, bridge modes.
- Very unstable performance. It starts well but then starts to falter.
- It takes time to load, and time out is an issue. You need patience.
- Web pages load, but streaming videos is another issue — a lot of buffering and glitches.
3. Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router, High-Speed Wireless Internet Router
This is a dual-band wireless router that is perfect for a family or a small company. It can transfer data with rates of 1167 Mbps. It has in-built amplifiers and four external antennas. It is fast and will give you a good streaming and gaming experience.
It has many innovative features, like the Wi-Fi schedule function. It will automatically turn off to reduce power and data consumption. It is possible to connect up to 20 wireless devices like Alexa and Google assistant at the same time. The antennas are omnidirectional, and Mu Mimo technology gives you high speeds and optimum results.
· With the Tenda app, you can manage your network from anywhere. Use it as a parental control tool.
· Safe and secure connectivity. High level of password encryption.
· Total compatibility with different internet providers and their plans.
· Frequent dropping of signals. Every time needs a reboot.
· Difficult to connect new devices after the firmware update.
· Random disconnection of devices, both hardwired and wireless.
4. Asus AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router
This is a dual-band router with exceptional speeds and high connectivity. The 5 GHz band delivers 1300Mbps, and the 2.4 GHz band provides up to 600 Mbps. Asus is a well-known name in electronics, and you get a high-quality product.
It comes with built-in USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports and is easy to connect USB enabled devices like printers and pen drives etc. There is multi-stage protection to keep you secure. It can detect any weakness and make you aware. The ASUS router app will help you manage and monitor your connections easily from your mobile device.
- The ASUSWRT interface is great for an easy setup process.
- Multi-stage protection to keep sensitive and personal information safe from cyber threats.
- Dual-band is great for high connectivity and compatibility.
- The setup manual can confuse you, and the steps are not numbered correctly.
- Configuration of the router may take multiple attempts.
- The mobile app can sometimes have connectivity and security issues and not work correctly.
5. TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Smart WiFi Router
This productwill give you stable and good quality connectivity without any dead zones. By switching to Access Point Mode, you can share the network with many other wireless devices. There is a free Tether app that will help you to manage the settings easily.
It has dual-band capabilities, so the streaming is smooth without any buffering time. Mu Mimi technology ensures high speed even if you connect many devices. The Tether app is available on both iOS and Android. There is an Ethernet port for connecting smart TVs or gaming consoles directly for better results.
- It provides continuous and stable Wi-Fi with no dead zones.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty and 24/7 technical support.
- It can go up to speeds of 1200 Mbps with dual-band configuration.
- After every firmware upgrade, the router becomes unstable and difficult to connect.
- Some people complain about the range is very short.
- The app is good but does not take AP mode as an option. This makes the app less useful.